Josmo Studio LLP
Terms and Conditions for Warehousing & Storage Services
- Agreement to Terms and Conditions. It is agreed that Company’s Warehouse Terms and Conditions shall govern the dealings between Company and Customer for all warehousing and storage services. It is furthermore agreed that Company’s Warehouse Terms and Conditions are manually and or electronic means , and may be amended by Company from time to time,without notice. It is expressly understood that this Warehouse does not cover or apply to any rights, obligations, terms or conditions of the freight forwarding, customs brokerage or other services that Company has provided or may provide to the Customer; and that those separate services shall be governed by their respective Terms and Conditions which are provided separately.
- Definitions. As used in this Warehouse Terms & Conditions:
- “Company” means the individual or entity providing the warehousing services hereunder including its officers, directors, employees and agents of the Company while acting within the scope and course of their employment;
- “Customer” means the person, company, firm or other entity for whom the Goods are stored; and
- “Goods” means the property tendered to Company by Customer for which Company has agreed to store.
- Ownership of Goods. Customer warrants that it is the lawful owner and/or has lawful possession of the Goods tendered for storage. Customer warrants that it has sole legal rights to store Goods tendered, to release Goods, and to instruct Company regarding delivery or disposition of the Goods. Customer agrees to notify all parties acquiring any interest in the Goods of the terms and conditions of this Warehouse Receipt and further agrees to indemnify and hold Company harmless from any claim by third parties relating to the ownership, storage, handling or delivery of Goods, or from any other services provided by Company under this Warehouse Receipt. Such indemnification shall include any legal fees or costs incurred from any claim by a third party, regardless of whether or not litigation is actually filed.
- Pursuant to the terms and conditions of this Warehouse Receipt, Company agrees to store, and release the Goods in accordance with Customer’s reasonable request against the purchased goods with Josmo Studio LLP.
- Storage Location. Company will store the Goods at its discretion at any one or more buildings at Company’s warehouse location identified. The identification of any specific location with the Company’s warehouse complex does not guarantee that Goods shall be stored therein. Upon ten (10) days prior notice provided to Customer, Company may at its own expense, remove Goods to any other warehouse complex operated by Company.
- Company may provide additional services to Customer as requested and as agreed. Additional handling charges will apply whenever Goods are pulled for distribution or release, whenever physical inventories are requested by Customer, and whenever additional services are requested that are not explicitly included in the monthly storage charge quoted to Customer. Such additional charges will be provided to Customer and will be invoiced to Customer in addition to any storage charges due.
- Termination of Storage. Company reserves the right to terminate storage and to require the removal of the Goods, or any portion thereof, by giving Customer thirty (30) days advance written notice. Customers shall be responsible for payment of all charges attributable to said Goods within the stated period and for removing the Goods from the warehouse upon payment of all charges. If the Goods are not so removed, the Company may exercise its rights under applicable law including but not limited to selling the Goods.
- Customer warrants its compliance with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations including but not limited to customs laws, import and export laws, as well as with the similar laws related to anti-corruption and anti-bribery.
- Payment Terms & Collection Expenses. Warehousing and storage rates will be levied at a rate of 6.5% on the gross total of the furniture purchased. Warehousing and storage accounts are due and payable monthly, in advance. Company will issue the monthly statement, in advance to Customer and Customer shall pay Company within 15 days of the invoice date unless otherwise agreed by the Parties in writing. All invoices not paid within 15 days of invoice date will be subject to a late fee of 1.5% per month, or the maximum rate then allowable pursuant to applicable law. If it becomes necessary for Company to utilize a collection agency and/or an attorney to collect any unpaid amount owed or to assist in effectuating the lien provisions herein, Customer shall be obligated to pay the collection agency fees and/or attorney fees, and expenses including court costs incurred, regardless of whether litigation is actually filed.
- Lien Rights. Company shall have a lien on the Goods tendered by Customer and upon any and all property belonging to Customer in Company’s possession, custody or control for all charges, advances or amounts of any kind due to Company under this Warehouse Receipt or under any prior or subsequent invoices issued to Customer by Company (including charges for storage, handling, transportation, demurrage, terminal charges, insurance, labor, and any other charges incurred). Company shall have a lien on the Goods and may refuse to surrender possession of the Goods until all charges or debts are paid in full. If such amounts remain unpaid for 30 days after Company’s demand for payment, Company may sell the Goods at its own discretion, and shall refund the payment done by the customer against the goods with deduction deficiency outstanding to the Company.
Company shall not be liable for any loss or destruction of or damage to the Goods, however caused, unless such loss, damage or destruction resulted from Company’s failure to exercise such care in regard to the Goods as a reasonably careful person would exercise under like circumstances. Company is not liable for damages which could not have been avoided by the exercise of such care. Company and Customer agree that Company’s duty of care referred to herein shall not extend to providing a sprinkler system at the warehouse complex or any portion thereof.
- In no event shall Company be liable for any loss or damage caused by:
- acts of God; public authorities acting with actual or apparent authority; strikes; labor disputes; weather; mechanical or equipment failures; cyber attacks; civil commotions; hazards incident to a state of war; acts of terrorism; acts or omissions of customs or quarantine officials; acts of carriers related to security; the nature of the freight or any defects thereof; inherent vice of the goods; perishable qualities of the merchandise; fires; frost or change of weather; sprinkler leakage; floods; wind; storm; moths; public enemies; or other causes beyond its control;
- fragile articles injured or broken, unless packed by Company’s employees and unpacked by them at the time of delivery;
- pilferage or theft, unless such loss or damage is caused by the failure of Company to exercise such ordinary care required by law; and
- concealed damage, or for losses incurred due to the concealed damage of the Goods.
Monetary Maximum Liability: In the event of loss or damage to the Goods for which Company is legally liable, Company’s liability shall be limited to actual value of the Goods,, unless Customer declared a higher value for the goods and Company agrees in writing to purchase insurance for the Goods at Customer’s benefit, and Customer has paid the supplementary charge in accordance with the terms herein.
- In no event shall Company be responsible for loss or damage to unless a special agreement in writing is made between Company and Customer with respect to such articles.
No Consequential Damages. IN NO EVENT, WHETHER AS A RESULT OF BREACH OF COMPANY’S DUTIES, NEGLIGENCE LIABILITY WITHOUT FAULT OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY OR BASIS, SHALL COMPANY BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, STATUTORY OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, LOSS OF PROFITS OR LOSS OF MARKET, LOSS OF INCOME, DAMAGES ARISING FROM LOSS, ATTORNEYS FEES OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, WRONG DELIVERY, OR DAMAGE TO PROPERTY, LOSS OF USE OF GOODS, COST OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS, DELAYED DELIVERY OR FAILURE TO ATTEMPT DELIVERY, WHETHER OR NOT COMPANY HAD KNOWLEDGE THAT SUCH DAMAGES OR LOSSES MIGHT OCCUR.
- Optional Insurance Offering. Company does not insure the Goods while in storage and the storage rates or charges billed to Customer do not include any insurance on the Goods. The Goods will therefore not be insured for any loss or damage, and the limitation of Liability set forth in paragraph 9 shall apply in all circumstances where Company is legally liable for such loss or damage, unless the Customer has requested in writing that Company obtain insurance for the Customer’s benefit, and the Customer has paid the required premium to Company for such additional insurance. Except as provided above, Company will not obtain insurance on the Goods for Customer’s benefit while the Goods are being stored at Company’s facility.
- Temperature or Humidity Controlled Storage. Company shall not be responsible for storage of the Goods in a temperature or humidity controlled environment. Customer knowingly accepts that the Goods will be warehoused in a non-temperature/humidity controlled environment. Company will not be responsible for any loss or damage to the Goods that result from fluctuations in temperature range or in humidity levels of the warehouse. Company will furthermore not be responsible for losses or damages incurred to fabric, upholstery, stains and polish.
- Inspection & Security. All shipments are subject to inspection by Company; by Company’s Carriers for any transportation services provided. Notwithstanding the foregoing right to inspect shipments, the Company is not obligated to perform such inspection except as mandated by law.
- Notice of Claim and Filing of Suit.
Company shall not be liable for any claim whatsoever for any loss, damage, or destruction of the Goods unless it is timely filed, in writing, within a maximum of sixty (60) days after the Customer knew, or should have known by the exercise of reasonable care, of such loss or damage.
Time Bar. Any lawsuit or other claim against the Company with respect to the Goods shall be forever waived unless commenced within two (2) years after the Customer knew, or should have known by the exercise of reasonable care, about such loss or damage.
Notices. All written notices herein may be transmitted by any commercially reasonable means of communication providing delivery receipt to the sender, and shall be directed to Company and Customer at the address set forth of the Warehouse Receipt, unless otherwise instructed by either party in writing.
Governing Law. This Warehouse Receipt shall be governed by the laws of the State where the Company’s warehouse is located, without reference to its conflict of laws principles.
- Merger; Waiver; Severability, etc. This Warehouse Receipt constitutes the entire understanding between Customer and Company regarding the storage of the Goods and services provided. This Warehouse Receipt supersedes all prior or contemporaneous verbal or written negotiations, statements, representations, or agreements. This Warehouse Receipt may not be modified except for a written agreement between Customer and an officer of Company. If any section or portion of this Warehouse Receipt is held by any court to be illegal or unenforceable it shall not affect the legality or enforceability of the remaining provisions or terms and conditions herein. Company’s failure to insist upon strict compliance with any provision of this Warehouse Receipt shall not constitute a waiver or estoppel to later demand strict compliance thereof and shall not constitute a waiver of or estoppel to insist upon strict compliance with all other provisions of this Warehouse Receipt.
Headings Not Binding. The use of headings in this Warehouse Receipt are for ease of reference only. Headings shall have no effect and are not considered to be part of or a term of these Warehouse Receipt Terms and Conditions.